Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sally Hansen Lightening

Lightening, from Sally Hansen, is a bright pastel yellow. This is THE yellow nail polish for summer. The consistency can get pretty streaky because of the tapered brush. The shape of the brush was difficult for me to get use to because you would have to place the brush on the middle of the nail for it to fan out semi-properly. I used 2 coats for its opaque formula. Lightening is the first Insta-Dry nail polish I've tried and I found that it took about 2-3 full minutes for 2 coats to dry completely.

For the glitter, I used It's Bouquet With Me from Sephora by OPI nail polish. From a distance, the glitter looks silver, with purple flecks. The polish contains a combination of metallic violet and silver chunks of glitter.




3 comments:

  1. I really like the OPI polish. Not really a fan of yellow polish, but looks gorgeous on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete